Every club usually has an unwritten set of procedures observed by members of that club. For our Desert Hawks RC Club, making sure to follow these procedures at the Sterling Field RC Complex should serve you well:
· Plug in your batteries on the runway side of the safety fence.
· Stand in a pilot station for your protection.
· Announce your intention to enter the runway.
· Announce your intention to take off.
· Follow the pattern either clockwise or counter clockwise.
· Low passes and touch and go should be announced.
· Announce your intention to land; if you have to abort your landing call it.
· Announce when you are clear of the runway.